Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Road to Taos

I did the drive to Taos, and I have to say that neither the drives up/back, nor the town itself, lived up to my expectations.  I'd heard so much about it, and people raved so on the internet.  There were some nice/interesting parts and scenes, but overall, I'm still not sure what the hoopla was all about...?!  Maybe I somehow missed the best parts??

 One of the prettier views on the way.

 And an unusual driving interruption.



 The one view I had of the snow-covered peaks.

 St. Francisco de Asis Mission Church, built during the late 1700s/early 1800s. 



 Taos looked much prettier from afar.  I DO like those mountains!  And maybe if I'd had the time to explore more, I would've found more parts to my liking.

 Neato clouds on the way back, and fancy freeway overpass.

 Stormy late afternoon clouds over stylish development near our RV park.

End of the day and end of our Santa Fe stay.  One of the best parts of New Mexico seems to me to be the skies.  Great clouds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment