Thursday, April 11, 2013

Impromptu mini-hike among the boulders

 On July 2nd, I went out and explored one of the back roads, messed around on a sort-of trail/dirt wash, and climbed up one of the many neato rocky hills in the area.

 Made it to the top of my selected "peak."  Time for the photo of me at the height of my success - oh wait, there's no one else around.  Oh well, here's looking at me, kid!  ;)

 Cool series of tunnels on this dirt road.



More wonderful Colorado storms!



 Great places for rock climbing.

And for me, this is a quintessential Colorado country photo - an irrigation ditch!  I grew up spending time in the summers at my grandparents' CO home, and one of my many favorite pastimes was messing around in these ditches with their dogs on those hot sunny days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment