Monday, April 15, 2013

K. Lake


On the 11th, I hiked to K. Lake, 8 miles round trip and 1600 ft gain (9,900 to 11,500).  I don't know if I just wasn't in good enough shape yet or what, but this hike kicked my butt!  I was doing fine at first but then hit a wall, as they say.  Had a headache, felt weak and dizzy.  Maybe it was just the altitude getting to me on the way up, but it wasn't much fun!  Got better after a little while.

Here is a nice view of Mt. P on my way to the trailhead.

 Was a pretty trail and so nice that much of it was in the woods and shaded! 



 Sometimes the shade falls over though...  Parts of the trail were pretty messed-up with deadfall.

 Always love the reflections!

Some of the trail was rocky and actually part of a creek.  

 It's not a lousy trail, just a lousey flower!

Lousewort.

  Nice tree silhouettes and sky.

 Do you know this girl?

 Looking back.  Almost to the lakes.

 K. Lake.

 More reflections.



 Pretty day.  Pretty lake.



 And pretty flowers (paintbrush, bluebells,...)

Nice set of antlers.  Looks like someone lost them the hard way though!  These were obviously still attached to the owner's head!!  Maybe someone's dinner?

I should know this bird...

 but I don't.  Will have to look him up!

 Perfect Paintbrush.

One last look at the lake.

And then time to head back down before I get rained on!

 Gorgeous sky and lighting!

 ooops!  Too late!

The rain finds me.  But it's worth it, as usual!


No comments:

Post a Comment