Sunday, October 28, 2012

It was sure a Big Dam Bridge!

 This wasn't just any ol' bridge, no teeny bridge - it's a big dam bridge!  
It's actually the second longest pedestrian bridge in the U.S.  It crosses over the Arkansas River and the Murray Lock and Dam, but this bridge was made for walking!

 These photos were all taken at night (even though this long exposure makes it look fairly light out - it wasn't).  I had seen a photo of the neat light show at the bridge and wanted to photograph it.  But I had to learn how first!  The colors were constantly changing and very pretty, but it seemed that all I could achieve was white light!  I finally figured it out.  With a long exposure, all the colors added up to...white!  So I started experimenting with much shorter exposures, and..

 Presto!  Color!

 I walked out on the bridge a little ways (unfortunately, did not bring my tripod though), dodging the myriad people out walking and all the dog turds thoughtless dog owners had left,...

The bridge was beautiful, and it would've been fun to walk the whole length, but it was so hot and humid!  So part ways had to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment